We have a little Gummy Bear joining our family!!! Due November 19, 2014!
Mama Bear (as Mitch calls me) and Daddy could not be more thrilled!
We told our families two different ways.
For my family we found out I was pregnant right before I went to Disney World with mom and dad, and Andy and Brayden. So while I was there I bought an infant Mickey hat and had it personalized with Baby Carter. Then when we skyped with the rest of my family we said we had a new set of ears coming to the family!
Of course, I told mom and dad and Andy at Disney so they knew pretty early. But I couldn't resist telling them in person, and I wasn't about to make up excuses for a week of not riding my favorite rides in the world!
Since Mitch's family aren't as crazy about Disney as my family, we decided to tell them a different way. We told them we had some pictures of the cherry blossoms we wanted them to see. Mitch is getting really good with the camera! We sent everyone these pictures while we skyped with them.
For those interested, keep reading for the story of how this all came about. Mitch and I have been wanting a baby for about a year and a half now. In the long run, I know that is not terribly long, and I know there are many other couples who wait much longer than we did. But this was a very difficult time period for Mitch and I. I would venture to say that it was more difficult for me since I felt like I was doing nothing with my life. Of course I was being dramatic because I have been helping a family in our ward who has really benefited from my help and I have also learned a lot. But I only work about 16 hours a week, so I had a lot of down time to think about having a baby.
Our first 8 months trying were a let down because absolutely nothing was happening with me. With prayer and discussions with my doctor we decided to go ahead and start Progesterone and Clomiphene (Clomid). Most couples try a year before trying anything like that, but since my body was doing absolutely nothing, it felt like the best option.
After three rounds of Clomid, going from 50 mg to 100 mg, we decided to increase one more time and try at least three more times before we proceeded with other fertility options. Apparently third dosage was the charm because the first round of 150 mg was a success!
We got a pretty awesome first ultrasound picture and everything is looking great so far. My levels are great. My sickness has been mostly an aching stomach which hurts terribly, but I'm not throwing up so it really hasn't been bad. I'm on the uphill climb now of feeling better. I have really good days and then some really bad days. Here's to hoping the really good days increase!
I'm 13 and half weeks now and showing a little bit. Well, Mitch and I can tell that I'm showing, but I'm not sure if anyone else would be able to tell! I've been wearing sweats everyday, because I can! I've lost weight, but as I get my appetite back that will hopefully change in the next few weeks. There is nothing I for sure can't stand to eat. Seafood does not sound appetizing so I stay away from it. And then there are just random smells that make me sick, but nothing consistent. I feel really lucky that I can pretty much eat anything, even though I usually just don't feel like eating.
That's everything I can think of sharing right now. Mitch and I are so excited to be parents and we are so happy for this blessing of having a child join our family.
5 comments:
Ahh!! This is so exciting! Congrats you guys! You will be great parents! :)
Such amazing news! I'm so excited for you! You are going to be the best mom! I hope you start to feel better elayna! Can't wait to read about your journey through pregnancy and becoming parents! Congrats again!
Congratulations Elayna!! So exciting!!
Congrats Elayna and Mitch! That is great news. Before I saw your blog update I was thinking, I hope Elayna gets pregnant soon! Ha ha. Hope all goes well.
BEST NEWS EVER!!! I am so so thrilled for you both! Can't wait to hear more about how you are feeling, baby's gender, etc. Hope you are feeling as well as you can feel while being pregnant! We love you guys!
Post a Comment