Avery is a happy, healthy, and energetic little girl!!
Weigh: 23 lbs 8 oz (62%)
Height: 31.5 inches (82%)
HC: 18.25
Teeth: 4 with 3 that just broke through her gums
In the last few months Avery has learned to ...
... walk. Her first steps for December 30th. Over the next few weeks she figured out walking but had trouble standing up unless she pulled herself up with something. So she would still crawl over the the couch or me to pull herself up in order to walk somewhere. Once she figured that out right before she turned 14 months there was no turning back! She loves to walk and can get going pretty fast!
... eat with a spoon, sorta. Right now she's letting me put the food on the spoon and then I hand it to her and she puts it in her mouth. It works pretty well right now and doesn't make too much of a mess, which I'm good with.
... go up and down stairs. She figured this out and her cousins house in San Diego over Christmas. We practice sometimes on the stairs right outside our apartment door.
... say "hi", "bye", "clean up" (een uh), and she jabbers all the time so more words will be coming soon!
... take one nap instead of two. I don't know if the was really something I was ready for her to do. But she seemed ready so we made the transition. Hopefully we can get her to nap longer during her one nap, but she's still sleeping great at night.
... give kisses. Closed or open mouth, it's always a surprise. But when we ask her for a kiss she'll lean her face towards ours. It's adorable!
She has become what I call in intense cuddler. She never used to want to sit on our laps or snuggle with us. Now there are days when I can hardly get some personal space! She wants to be close to us all the time, but she also wants to play and move around. It's never a relaxing cuddle. Instead it is usually pretty aggressive. But I still love that she finally wants to be close!
Avery also really gets into her playing sometimes. She can be really focused at times and plays well on her own, sometimes.
Avery loves to ...
... read books and go to the library.
... drink milk and eat spaghetti!
... wrestle with mom and dad.
... take things in and out of bags.
We love our big girl and the joy she brings into our lives each day!
No comments:
Post a Comment