Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hurricane/Super-storm Sandy


This year Halloween was pretty boring for us. We had just experienced Hurricane Sandy the two days before, and what beats the excitement of a hurricane?
On Halloween, I dressed up at school as a soccer player. I didn't have time to put together a costume, and I already owned the essentials of my fall back costume. Mitch got home from work around 11, so I passed out candy to the few kids that came to our house and hung out by myself.
Our days during Hurricane Sandy were a little different. It's really hard to get pictures of a storm. You can't really capture the sound of the wind. School was cancelled Monday and Tuesday. Mitch worked from home on Monday until we lost power at about 5:30. On Tuesday Mitch needed to get work done and his office in McLean had power, so he left for most of the day. I was stuck at home with no power and nothing to do. I was SO BORED!!
As far as the weather goes, it rained all day and it was really windy. That's the most excitement we got, which we are grateful for. There are so many who have been seriously affected in New Jersey and New York.

Oh yeah, and we passed the time playing Star Wars Monopoly by candlelight!

No comments:

April

In April we spent a lot of time at home. Mitch worked from home. Avery went to school from home. I tried to entertain Eli from home. Eli - l...